Thursday, October 8, 2009

Finally 21...

So Im finally 21 after months of impatient waiting. It would not have been so bad except ALL of my other friends, including my gf, have already been 21 for a while now. I was not able to go to any of their 21st birthday parties and it just plain sucked. They would all go out to a bar or a show and invite me along before they remembered that I wasnt 21 yet so I couldnt go. I would just sit around bored since all my friends were out. To top it all off, I would be the drunk texts and phone calls which made me feel so much worse that I was missing out on all the fun they were having without me.

So this weekend I going home and having my party at a bar close to my hometown and my old school so all my friends who were 21 can now party it up at my birthday party. Its going to be a ton of fun and I can't wait. People have always told me that its not all its cracked up to be. I dont care. For me, its not the drinking that Im looking forward to, although it is a good part of it, its the fact that I can actually go out with my friends. Now I can finally change my response from "I can't, I'm not 21 yet...." to "Sure".

Im sure turning 21 will put a large empty space in my wallet. You could go out and get a handle of rum for 20 bucks at a liquer store, but at the bars, 20 bucks might get me like 3, maybe 4 shots if Im lucky. The sooner I come down from my "I can finally go to bars" kick, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment