Friday, September 25, 2009

this week is finally over

This week was a particularly stressful one.

I have been out of school for basically a year and it has been pretty hard getting back into the swing of things. Managing my time for all the classes. Figuring out good study habits again. Keeping materials from all my classes organized. Its been a real challenge. This week I had my first tests of the semester. For Delval, apparently there is a rule that you should never take Botany and Human Physiology at the same time. Both of the professors basically tell you that this class will take up ALL of your free time. Well no one told me lol. So now I'm stuck with it. Thursday, I had a human phys test first thing in the morning and a botany lab practical at 1:40. Between the two classes I have Botany lecture and English with only the 10 minutes they give you between classes. I was caught in the dilemma of which test I should study for more. I have work right after school on Tuesdays so the only time I really had to study was Wednesday after class around 4. Finally I made up my mind to just study Human phys until I got tired of it. Then I would take a break and then study botany a little bit. Then when I would get bored of botany, I would take another break and switch back to human phys. That system worked out pretty well. By the time I had to go to school to take my human phys test, I felt pretty confident. My only hope was to finish the test early enough to look over my botany notes before botany lecture started. So what I did was look at the notes real quick before and after the two classes I had until the lab practical. It was getting closer and closer to the practical and I was getting nervous that I would sit down to take the practical and my mind would go blank and I wouldn't remember anything. Once I saw the first question, I finally was relieved. It was a really easy question. I figured it would get harder as it went on but overall it was really easy. The professor made it sound like it was going to be the hardest test we had ever taken.

For those of you who have had a science lab of some sort, isn't the last thing you want to do after a lab practical, a lab experiment? As soon as the test was over, he was already giving instructions on what we would be doing that day in lab. I was burnt out at this point and all I really wanted to do was go home and relax for a while. But if I left, he would have taken points off. So I just wondered around the lab, looking at some slides, pretending to do work until the lab was over. They keep the stuff out for a week so I am going to just go back to the lab another day to look at everything again. But at least this week is over.

2 comments:

  1. ouch, sounds rough! Good luck, i think i will have to take botany next semester/year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have left too after the practical, but I saw all the slides were prepared, so I stayed. I have had a hard time studying too...maybe its just because I HATE BOTANY.

    ReplyDelete