Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Got to love the people in PA

Recently I have realized that people in New Jersey generally fit the stereotype of not being very friendly. Since I grew up in New Jersey, I always thought that the stereotype was an exaggeration. Now that I live in PA, I notice how much nicer people are to you compared to NJ. In the grocery stores people smile and say hi as you pass; where as in NJ, they would keep their eyes to their business and ignore you. In parking lots, the cars will stop at the cross walks and actually let you pass. Some people might be saying that I'm weird for thinking this but in NJ, the pedestrian doesn't have the right of way. You must always keep your head up and watch where you are going in parking lots otherwise you might get hit by a careless driver.

There has only been one time that I can think of that we ran into someone not so nice. My brother, my friend, and I went to Wegmans and on our way back to the car, my brother saw a cart rolling towards another car. Instead of just watching it hit, he ran, jumped over a median and got to the cart right as it touched the bumper of the car. I could see the people in the car cursing as they unbuckled their seat belt and got out. The woman started yelling at my brother as the guy inspected the car. They thought he was riding the cart and was just playing around. He tried to explain that he was trying to stop the cart but they kept on yelling at him and telling him stuff like "you need to calm down buddy" and other things like that. It wasn't until my brother ignored her and got in the car that she got quiet enough for us to explain to her what actually happened and that he was only trying to help. As we drove away, we yelled out the window that next time she should get all the facts before she starts jumping to conclusions. She looked kind of embarrassed but never apologized for blaming my brother. Driving home, we couldn't help but feel insulted by what she said.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so ture about NJ people being assholes but there are a lot of rich snobs living in pa that act the same way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea i agree, everywhere you go, there is gonna be a few asswipes, just in NJ they are less spread out

    ReplyDelete