Tuesday, September 15, 2009

are you serious?

So for one of my classes, the professor paired everyone up. Since I'm new to the school I got paired with this kid who also didn't have a partner. At first I was OK with it. But when I tried to get together with the kid, he didn't answer my call or respond to my message. We had agreed to do it over the phone since we both live off campus. Well again I call him when we had scheduled a time to call each other. Again, no answer so I left a message. The rest of the day and night goes by and I never hear back from him. At that point, the assignment was due the next day. I then did the only thing left for me to do. I emailed my professor explaining the whole situation. By this time its like 12:30 at night so I know he wont get the email until morning. I go to actually send it and then the internet cuts out and I lose the email. So now I'm even more pissed off. I write the email all over again and the same thing happened. I went to see if anything was in my sent box and there was nothing. I try this about 4 times in total before I get so angry I slammed my computer shut and walked away for a minute. That's when I got the great idea that I would just use my personal email address instead of the shitty delval email. This time it worked. The next morning before class I got an email from the professor telling me that it will be OK and my grade will not be affected because it was not my fault. I guess its a good thing I'm on his good side. Something that finally made me laugh was his little p.s. at the end. It said "P.S. thanks for the 5 emails LOL".
So anyway, back on track. The professor lets us out a little early so we can have a little time to talk to our partners about the topic. Unfortunately it wasn't enough time to get everything I needed so he said he would call me after his plans that night around 7. I wait and I wait. Now its 8 and I still haven't heard from him... AGAIN. So I text him and what does he do? He tries to postpone the phone call again. I basically tell him no, we are doing it tonight so he finally calls me back after another hour of waiting and I get everything I need.
The moral of the story is that I don't agree with the whole "professors put you into groups" thing. I believe you should be able to pick your partners because if you are a hard working, diligent student and you get stuck with someone who just doesn't care your grade will suffer. Its just not fair. If I was able to just pick someone to by my partner from the beginning, none of this nonsense would have occurred.

5 comments:

  1. the people who GET paired often are a bust and leave ya hangin

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA that sucks...what a story..i agree..partners..not the best thing that was invented.

    ReplyDelete