Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What is wrong with Pennsylvania roads

Can someone please tell me who designed the roads here in PA? Every other street corner there is a four-way stop or another traffic light. Did they want to make as least gas efficient as possible to drive around? The constant accelerating and decelerating just the accelerate again is really really annoying. I guess people like wasting gas around here especially since its at least 20 cents more per gallon that it is in New Jersey. I back this statement up by the fact that people slow down as they approach a green light, just in case it will turn red.

Also whats with the turning lane in the middle of the road??? Do people not know how to make a simple turn in PA without their own lane? No. They need to come to a complete stop before turning. Maybe they are afraid the car will flip if they turn while still moving forward. FYI. It won't!

Sorry about my rambling but where I come from, land of the jug handle exit ramps, the roads make a little more sense.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA..that's true..I guess I never really thought about it, but if they spent half as much money on stop signs and traffic devices, haha who knows where we'd be now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont hate on pa but i agree they need to lower the gas shit bullshit but home grown pa boy dont hate. atleast we can make left turns that shit is dumb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the narrow ass streets too, but somehow i still have 2 side mirrors on my F-150, talk about knowing the limits of your vehicle, driving around here will teach you right quick...and its not just in town either, back country roads are just as bad, no shoulders, telephone poles almost on the pavement, teaches you to pay close attention thats for sure...did my truck get wider???

    ReplyDelete